Self-Care Isn’t Selfish
As professionals there are many balls that we juggle. There is often the feeling of being pulled in many directions. Added to this is the reality that life comes with many challenges daily and for many it may feel like a case of constantly outing fires. Weak support systems, a culture that views vulnerability as a weakness and the size of our stress buckets, often makes a challenge appears to be a crisis.
This practical and engaging workshop is designed with the busy professional in mind and engages participants in discussions around practical ways of coping with life’s challenges. It also looks at the realities of the changing work environment today and the increase of stress factors.
Finally, it provides a means of strengthening support systems, build self-awareness and self-management skills and encourages healthy practices that places greater emphasis on self-care.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify work related stressors
- Use practical methods to reduce stress
- Identify and use several coping mechanisms
- Evaluate existing support networks
- Understand the concepts of self-awareness and self-management
- Understand the importance of expressing emotions and seeking help
- Utilize several self-care activities to minimize stressors
- Develop the practice of journaling to balance