How to Build a Website – Intro to WordPress Website Development
This is a 3 part course. In this first module you will learn the basics of website development using WordPress.
WordPress is a free Content Management System that enables you to build simple to complex websites without having to code.
The primary goal of this course is to teach anyone, even a complete beginner, how to create a modern website without using any codes. After taking this course you’ll have the knowledge you need to build a responsive, beautiful website with the latest version of WordPress.
This course will guide you through every single step from installation to finished website. You will learn how to install WordPress on your own computer for free, so you don’t have to pay for a domain name or hosting fees while you are still learning. After installing WordPress on your computer, you will learn how to build and maintain a successful, beautiful, responsive-design website you can be proud of.
What Will I Learn?
- This course will teach anyone to build a functional, beautiful, responsive website with WordPress.
- You will learn how to navigate the WordPress Dashboard.
- You will understand the main features of WordPress.
- You will learn to create pages and posts, and most importantly, know the difference between the two.
- You will learn to create custom menus and navigation systems that both visitors and search engines will find useful.
- Correctly use post categories and tags, and understand why these can cause you problems at the search engines if used incorrectly.
- Know how to configure WordPress for best results
- Understand plugins & themes and how to find/install them
- You will learn how to protect your website from hackers and spammers